Whose Knowledge? is looking for volunteers!
Join the campaign to redesign the Internet
Redesigning the Internet and centering knowledge from the margins requires a wide set of skills and view-points from communities and friends from around the globe. At ‘Whose Knowledge?’ we believe that we all can take part in changing the Internet for good. That’s why we’re launching an open call for volunteers who’d like to join us to make this reality, and enrich our team with their knowledge and experience.
You can offer as little or as much time per week as you’d like, and you can choose which working area would you’d like to dive in, either as an individual, or as part of a community or organization.
What we’re looking for
Do you like podcasting? Are you a social media lover? Or an English content creator? Do you like translating from English into your mother tongue? All of the above?
We’re looking for volunteers to support us in these 3 areas:
- Creating, re-purposing and posting content on our social media channels
- Uploading, transcribing and editing content
Content curation and translation
- Proof-reading our English content
- Translating our website, blog posts and resources into other languages
You can choose to work in one of these areas that you enjoy and can benefit from…and we are open if you have other creative ways of adding to our campaign!
What we offer
- We will give you credit for your work by adding your name and a brief bio in the volunteers list on our website.
- If you need one, we will also provide you with a volunteer working certificate stating the hours and tasks that you were responsible for.
- You will also get lots of love, huge gratitude, and some pretty fun Whose Knowledge? swag!
How to apply
If you are interested please send us a email to info[at]whoseknowledge[dot]org briefly answering the following questions, and we will go from there:
- How many hours a week, and for how long (in months), can you commit to this work? (we would prefer to have volunteers join us for at least 3 months, if not longer)
- Which languages do you speak/read/write/translate?
- Which skills you’d most like to use during this work? Which of our 3 focus areas do you feel most suited for (social media, podcasts, content)?
- What are your personal expectations around your volunteer time?
No deadline applies, as this is a rolling call. But do not take too long to get in touch, we’re eager to hear from you!